Monday, January 9

I made this. It delighted our taste buds. You should make it, too.

I could say that one of my New Year's resolutions is that I am going to be a more frequent, devoted blogger...but that probably won't happen. I have resolved to make an effort to eat local, visiting the farmer's market across the street, AND I am learning to cook intuitively and simply. Much of this new vision for our eating comes from the book I am re-reading for at least the 6th time....wait for it...Under the Tuscan Sun. (And the documentary, Ingredients) Don't mock. It is nothing like the laughable movie by the same name. This book is amazing.

I digress. This recipe is neither intuitive or very simple but it is splendid. Worth every penny and every hour it took to make. Make a note to yourself: if I make this dish for you I must really, really adore you.

P.S. This may be the most ghetto thing I have ever done on this blog. As soon as I realized that I had to type the recipe out, I began regretting it...keepin' it classy.


YUM.


Back to Under the Tuscan Sun - my favorite part this time around:

Southerners have a gene, as yet undetected in the DNA spirals, that causes them to believe that place is fate. Where you are is who you are. The further inside you the place moves, the more your identity is intertwined with it. Never casual, the choice of place is the choice of something you crave.

1 comment:

Justine said...

Ok - the ghetto-ness of this is not so much in photographing the recipe as in photographing the PHOTOGRAPH of the final product!! That being said... I will NEVER have the time or energy to make this (I didn't even have the time or energy to finish reading the recipe!), so any time you want to adore on me, have at it! I'll even come to you :) And bring a cute baby, if it will sweeten the deal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails