Monday, April 26

Cheap Art

For the past few months I have been looking through places like the NYPL Digital Library, Vintage Printables, and Old Book Illustrations for a collection of pieces that would make inexpensive art. But I found myself unable to decide what should grace the enormous wall above our sofa. I love old architectural prints, engravings, flowers, birds. Pretty much anything. Thought about framing the art from Cavallini wall calendars. Here is my latest thought. But it might change :)
I am loving these decorative papers from PaperSource, which happens to be in my "front yard."

They are all 191/2" x 27" and range from $3.00 to $20.00 per sheet. I would love to group the three French Shell papers above my couch. A shot of color, but not a huge investment for an apartment.

This fish one is actually very pretty in person. 
This marbled one with pinks, oranges and grey is beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails