Friday, June 4

Gone to Carolina in my mind...lake livin'

We spent Memorial Day Weekend with my husbands family on Lake Keowee...and now I have the bug. I could move to the lake in a skinny minute and never miss the conveniences of Target or Southpark Mall. Boiled peanut stands just speak to me :) My parents have a house on Lake Keowee that we (mom, dad and I) have been dreaming of fixing up for as long as I can remember (the downstairs has this interesting burnt orange carpet that we had to pull up in a few places because of a pipe-bursting induced flood). SO. As long as we are dreaming then lets dream big. (oh, and I am blaming zero posts in the last week on this bug...)
What style would your dream lakehouse be? Neutral colors, layered textures, comfy furniture and antiques like this Lake Keowee house designed by Barbara Westbrook below?
(Barbara Westbrook via House Beautiful)
Or would it be filled with salvaged wood walls and ceilings, neutral linen, sisal, rustic stone and huge windows like the one below?

Or would your lakehouse have a touch of the nautical or All-American nostalgia with nautical stripes, stars, reds, blues and rich natural wood.
(Suzanne Kasler via House Beautiful)
(unknown via HB)
(Tom Scheerer via HB)
(T. Keller Donovan via HB)
I think I would personally be a mix of the first two...but I do love my color. What is your style?

1 comment:

Heather said...

um, if I had a lake house I wouldn't care too much about the inside... I'd spend all of my time on the water! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails