Wednesday, February 17

Master Bedroom Inspiration

While I am still percolating on our master bedroom there are a few images that I keep coming back to. I don't remember where it is from but the picture below is one of my all-time favorites. I love the dark, almost moody feeling with the crisp white bedding, the pops of color and the "layered look" as we call it in our family. 
Look at those beautiful colors in the one below. I am especially drawn to the combo of the oversized glass lamp paired with the mirror and the black and white print nestled on the side table. 

I will be making our own headboard from scratch when I finally find a fabric that strikes my fancy. Look at the beautiful grey paired with those nailheads. And the navy/grey combo. Is that paper or fabric on the ceiling? 
Wouldn't you just love to snuggle down in this bed? Looks so warm and cozy. 
Tomorrow I will head out to the fabric store Mary-Jo's in Gastonia to see if I can find curtains and headboard fabric. They also have wonderful cowhide rugs there for really reasonable prices. mmm? What do you like to see in a bedroom? Do you prefer calm, clean, layers of white or the layered look?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails