Tuesday, February 9

Rain, Rain, Go Away

My rainy day activities have been to bake desserts for our CARES chocolate buffet that we are having tomorrow night. I am making two of my mom's very simple semi-homemade desserts.  Wouldn't Sandra Lee be proud? 
If only my kitchen was as immaculate as hers...first up is a chocolate trifle...mmm.

Chocolate Trifle
1 Devil's food cake mix
1 12 oz. Cool Whip
1 small instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup amaretto
Heath Bars

Bake cake in rectangular glass pan. Cut into squares. Mix pudding, amaretto, milk. 

Layer:
1) cake squares
2) pudding 
3) heath bars (crumbled)
4) cooooool whip

Layer again! Top with heath bar crumbs. 
My layers are not quite as pretty as my mom's layers usually are, but it will do the trick. 

Up next is a chocolate chip bundt cake. 

1 yellow cake mix
1 small instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1- 8 oz. sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat together everything but the chocolate chips, stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour for one large bundt pan or 45-50 minutes for 2 small bundt pans. Dust with powdered sugar.
I borrowed two small bundt cake pans for mine. So cute! We are also going to have a chocolate fountain with all the fixins for our party, let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

(Eileen) a creative day said...

I want some. i think i'm going to go and eat around 20 reeses now, while watching the bachelor. I need you here for this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails