Monday, February 22

Weekend Warriors (kind of)

This weekend one of my best friends (co-survivor of the school of architecture) came to visit me. It was so much fun to get to talk about interior design literally all weekend. We went to Ikea and I came home with two beautiful orchids, they were only 12 dollars each!


Then we spent the afternoon wandering about my local HomeGoods. In process we both picked up (and subsequently put back down) hundreds of dollars worth of steals. Talk about restraint, though I totally could see this in our home... Eileen goes so well with the genie lamp.
I did however come home with a new lamp that was on clearance for 35$ (he looks so lonely in the picture), a pot for one of my orchids, and some of Mrs. Meyers dish soap; I had to see what all the fuss was about. 
And I sewed two pillows like this. 
On Sunday Nate and I finally got around to painting his cornhole set (a groomsman gift from my brothers wedding in January). I, of course, did most of the work....
while Nate napped in the 70 degree February sun. :) 
All in all, a pretty productive weekend, though my second panel of curtains are watching me from the corner, waiting to be sewed. Rainy day project I guess!

3 comments:

Heather said...

lovely pictures! btw, Eileen, that is not a genie lamp, I think its probably a Hookah pipe.

and I think I need to recruit you for some paint help. :)

love
H

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allie said...

I LOVE LAMP!
seriously though, i love it. cant wait to see what you do with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails